Best Docs in New Jersey
New Jersey Monthly Interviews Dr. Spiro for Best Doc
The following comes from an interview done by a magazine for a Top Doctor’s issue. We will present 5 questions and answers each week for 3 weeks. Enjoy.
1. How do you define success for yourself or for your practice?
Success is a measure of happiness. If I have happy patients, then I’m successful and happy.
2. What is the most rewarding aspect of your work?
When patients are truly grateful for the efforts and outcomes I have worked so hard to achieve for them.
3. Any awards/distinctions/honors within the last five years that you’d like to mention?
– 5 times Top Docs – New Jersey Monthly
– Excellence in leadership awarded to me from my Department of Plastic Surgery (56 surgeons), at the completion of my 4 years as Chairman of the department in 2011.
4. What are you most proud of with regard to your career?
I’ve worked nearly 20 years in plastic surgery and have performed more than 17,000 procedures. Every patient, every single time, got my best effort! That’s what I am most proud of.
5. Is there anything philanthropic you wish to cite?
I’m too modest to cite specifics. Let’s say that other than philanthropy what little free time I have, I donate to my art career in painting and to St. Barnabas Medical Center where I serve on the Board of Trustees.